Monday, September 12, 2011

Spina - Lower East Side

This is a small restaurant on NY's Lower East Side that makes it's own fresh pasta and has a notable wine list. The wait staff has been phenomenal both times I have been there.

Appetizer:
Kirsten had the Caprese E Melanzana and I had a scallop special. Kirsten loved her food and thought it delicious where I thought it was good but not great. My appetizer on the other had was really great. It was pan seared scallops (cooked and cleaned perfectly) with a pea puree, a little olive oil, and micro greens. I thought this was delicious and found myself wanting to lick the plate.

Main Course:
Kirsten ordered the Fettuccine off of the menu and I ordered the Tagliolini. Both of our entrees were so good we just wished there was more. The fresh pasta was tremendous and you could tell they were made with care and love.

Dessert:
Our waiter suggested we get the tirimasu and we only wished that he had suggested us to order two. It was so good that I didn't want to share.

Overal:
The food was delicious, but the portions are small. The service is great and the food is not in the least bit pretentious. The place charges as if the had a Michelin star (which I believe they could get one) so as of now it is a little bit over priced. I give them an 8 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment